Friday, May 10, 2013

HEY! I'm Ellen.
I'll be your featured poet/blogger/entertainer/virtual BFF every Saturday, so mark your calendars, set your weekly alarms, paste a sticky note to your coffee pot, whatever you gotta do. Don't worry if you're still in your slippers and robe...that's what weekends are for! My hair will be messy too. Just join me here every Saturday!
Since we'll be hanging out so much, you probably want to know a little about me, huh? Okay...
  • I like adventures. Most of my adventures come from riding my bicycle. A long ways. Specifically, I've ridden my bike across the United States three times. Ask me about it sometime. I probably want to fill your ears with stories and show you pictures of my bikes like grandmas show you pictures of their grandbabies. Then I'll ask to hear your stories and see what you love like grandbabies.
  • I'm from Michigan and I love it there. I currently live in Boulder, Colorado. I'm still learning what home is.
  • I started to write poems early last year after I broke my pelvis (riding my bike, of course) and couldn't move around very much (at all). It was a huge part of processing and healing for me at that time. Writing continues to be a vital tool in processing the world around me. Therefore I write about pretty much everything and hope that others will find healing and connection through my words too.
  • I like to laugh.
  • I think sea horses are the best animals ever to roam the earth.
Lucky for me, today is Friday, which means it's FROYO Friday and I'm about to go get me some frozen yogurt.
Lucky for you, today is Friday, which means tomorrow is Saturday, which means I'll see you tomorrow.

Love ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment